Steph's Friend

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Urinary Calculus - Kidney Stones

Urinary Calculus: A stone in the urinary tract. The word "calculus" in Latin means "a pebble." Pebbles were once used for counting, from which came the mathematical field of calculus. A urinary calculus is a pebble in the urinary system.

(Taken from: http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=11859)

Well, recently, my mum felt some pain in her abdomen. It was so pain that she couldn't sleep at night and frequently woke up. She went to the doctor with my father the next day. The diagnosis? She has urinary calculus. It is worrying for the whole family that my mum has such a condition.

I guess this may be the reason why I've made so many blunders at work recently. I guess I am very worried for her condition. Hopefully nothing bad happens...

Tomorrow she will be going for treatment, undergoing Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), a non-invasive treatment for kidney stones.

God Bless...

Tags: , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home