Steph's Friend

Thursday, August 10, 2006

School Boy

Yesterday (National Day), I was at Jurong East MRT Interchange to meet my friend. I was walking towards the elevator when this lady with a ponytail approached me.

"Hi, are you a school boy?"

She was a saleswoman. I was rushing for the MRT that was leaving in a few minutes time. So I politely said a "No" and smiled.

Now the thing is that she called me a school boy. In the MRT, I was thinking, why would she call me a school boy? First, I am in NS (National Service). Second, school boy sounds like something you would call a primary/secondary school kid. Is it because I am wearing bermudas and a t-shirt? Nah, my friends wear that and they weren't called a school boy.

Anyway, I reached Orchard and told my friend this incident. Her explanation was that I looked young hence she mistook me for a school boy.

I guess that makes me a "school boy corporal".

(If you were that lady yesterday, I am sorry but I had to rush, so no offence yah? Oh yah, thanks for the school boy compliment.)


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

school boy? LOL! I get the same compliment after i cut my hair. everyone started to call me little girl.

8:36 PM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Haha...cutting one's hair does make him/her look little too. However, for my case, I didn't even cut my hair...lol.

10:12 PM, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home