Steph's Friend

Sunday, June 26, 2005

His Faithfulness Endures Forever

Many a times as a Christian we may have forget His goodness and blessings towards us. Spending our days busily everyday with the cares of the world.

At times, we have experience certain blessings like a certain promotion or even having a happy and blessed family. Yet with all of these goodness that God has shown us, we are still indifferent, taking things for granted, not appreciating it at all. We take things for granted, thinking that the high moments of life will go on and on.

However, life is not always a bed of roses.

When we are struck with a crisis or some difficult moments in life (eg. family difficulties or retrenchment), do we turn back to God and ask for help. Humans are like that, ignoring God at times of comfort and coming to Him in times of difficulties. It is no doubt that He will help us in whatever, we are going through (Just like the guy in the story "Footprints in the Sand"). However, it is after the crisis that accounts. Are we more devoted and sincere in our relationship with Him? Or are we indifferent and ignorant still? We should all be appreciative after experiencing His providence and goodness.

If we can't...we should at least try. You never know if you can unless you try.

Well, I won't say that I am not part of this group of people as at times I take His goodness for granted. For example, in the recent postings, I was posted to a vocation that I am happy to be in. I was happy initially, but it was short-lived. After a few days, I forgot all about it...the time spent praying for a good vocation and NS life. But it was only today, Sunday, where my father told me to keep an eye on my spiritual life did I finally realise one thing...that we (including myself) take God's blessings for granted. So if we can, we should at least spend the first few minutes of the day thanking for His providence and goodness.

Psalm 117

Let All Peoples Praise the LORD
1 Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles!
Laud Him, all you peoples!
2 For His merciful kindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the LORD endures forever.
Praise the LORD!

Amen

Tags:

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home