Steph's Friend

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Top 3 Posts From Steph's Blog

I have added another item in the sidebar. It's called "Steph's Top 3 Posts". These are the posts that have attracted much attention from blogs/Google/Yahoo/friends. I have been thinking since many people have read and/or find it useful, why not have a permanent link in the sidebar to share with some who have not read it yet.

The post that ranked 3rd is...



This is a Christian hymn which I personally like a lot because of its meaningful lyrics.

Excerpt:
On the Mount of Crucifixion
Fountains opened deep and wide
Through the floodgates of God's mercy
Flowed a vast and gracious tide

Grace and love, like mighty rivers
Poured incessant from above
And Heaven's peace and perfect justice
Kissed a guilty world in love

Next for the 2nd post...



This post sure got a lot of interesting comments with people from opposite camps sharing their views. I shared my own views after looking at what some people said. I am quite conservative and because of that some find my views somewhat strange or weird. I guess to each his/her own. By the way, the longest comment ever made in my blog can be found in this post.

Excerpt:
I was surfing around Yahoo! Answers when I saw this question "Do females find viginity in a man attractive?". Hm...do I know the answer? Nope as first, I am not a female, so I won't know how the female mind works. Second, not all females think the same way. This question was asked by a male.

I went in to take a look...

And for the finale, the post that ranked 1st...



The reason why I decided to write about this is because many people (girls in particular) are not confident about how they look. I know this as some of my friends belong to this group of people. They lack the self-confidence because of one thing that affects many people - society's perception on them as an individual. The aim of this post is to help people gain their confidence.

Excerpt:
How do you define "beauty"? Double eyelids? Almond-shaped eyes? Wrinkle-free complexion? Different people have different yardsticks for measuring "beauty". In this website, a group of researchers went about studying the faces of the people around before coming up with a prototype of a face that is "attractive" and another prototype of a face that is "unattractive". So how do they look like? What are the features that defines a "pretty face"? Well, the answer according to them is below.
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph thanks for bringing up the links. And the post about female beauty is really inspirational and meaningful. Now then I realised how our definition of beauty is so distorted.

10:39 AM, November 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Steph, Thanks for the comments on my post.

9:08 AM, November 24, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Teddy,

Yes, society has been conformed to a given definition of beauty by the media so much so that they forget that every individual is different and unique. Not all fit into their category of "beauty".

9:52 AM, November 24, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Lostin,

You are welcome Lostin :)

9:52 AM, November 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yea. I went to Dove's site about its campaign for real beauty and you can go watch the video they put up in their main page. That is so... true, and it tells us how beauty standards are distorted.

Anyway, I never see people ugly. Everyone is beautiful. I can't even understand why the word UGLY is created at the first place.

12:18 PM, November 24, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Teddy,

True. I saw their video. It's a new one, different from the one I used in my post.

That's something very rare. To see the person behind the face is not difficult - it's just not common.

11:10 PM, November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home