Steph's Friend

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wisdom Teeth - The Pictures

Here are some pictures that I have taken. They total to 5. I warn you though that some of these pictures may be gross to some. So please proceed with caution. Don't proceed on if you plan to eat later. If you are on a diet, by all means look at them.

Here's the towel that I place my head on, the towel is there to absorb the blood that may flow out of my mouth. This I learnt from my previous experience where I woke up to a bloodied pillow. I can tell you that it looks (and smells gross). It's also bacteria-infested and takes a lot of effort to wash. The solution? Place a towel on top of your pillow.

If you look carefully, there are three "blood spots" on the right and one on the left. This is much better than the previous extraction as it was bloodier then. Too bad I didn't take a photo then for comparison.


Here's a close-up on the right side. Can you spot the three spots?


This is the left part. It's a bit tough to spot the one spot here due to the lighting.


Here are my two wisdom teeth.
Left: Lower wisdom tooth.
Center: Chip-off part of the lower wisdom tooth.
Right: Upper wisdom tooth.


The upper wisdom tooth is still a whole as it was extracted. However, the lower wisdom tooth was cut into two before extraction, hence the "big" and "small" part.

Here's a comparison to show you how big the wisdom teeth can be. The insect here is a beetle about the size of your thumbnail. It happen to be there and I took a photo. It's a bit blur though. The position of the teeth are still the same.


I don't mean to scare anyone with this post but would want readers out there to have a full understanding of what a wisdom teeth extraction involves. Hopefully after reading the posts (including the one before this) you will be mentally prepared for it.

Tags: , , , , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wisdom teeth removal Great blog you people have maintained there, I totally appreciate the work.

3:02 PM, November 21, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home