Steph's Friend

Monday, April 17, 2006

A Pitiful Girl...

I was standing at the bus-stop waiting for 157. It seemed like any other Monday when I would wait for the bus to go home. It was then that I saw this girl in red running towards the bus-stop. Was her bus coming? When she reached the bus-stop, she stopped in front of this guy who stood in front of me. She reached out her hand to him. However, he just pushed her hands away! Oh gosh! I can't believe it! That was so rough of him. The guy seemed to be in a bad mood. They talked for awhile before the girl looked at the guy who was just ignoring her. She just stood there for like 15 to 20 minutes looking down, occasionally looking up at the guy's face. The guy however, was just looking in front, ignoring the girl's presence.

Are they like a couple? Or are they siblings. I don't know, the whole thing looked more like a couple thingy.

I don't know what happened between them but somehow, I symphatised with the girl. Her face was like "Please don't be angry". While the guy was like "Please go away, I am not talking to you". What did she do to deserve such treament? Was her cooking that bad? Did she spell his name wrongly? Or did she forget his birthday? I dare not ask as these problems are best left for them to solve amongst themselves.

Finally, after what seemed like 20 minutes, she finally said something (I was standing quite a distance from them, so their conversation was just mouth movements to me). The guy was silent, or cold for that matter. The girl just continued looking down.

Then my bus came. Eh? They boarded the bus too! The guy entered first, followed by me, and finally the girl. The guy sat down. I stood up as there was hardly any space for me to seat. The girl however, edged past me and went over to the guy's side. I was so touched at how the girl is comitted to that guy. There was an empty seat there, but she stood, showing her please-don't-be-angry face. I can't take it anymore. Was her cooking that bad that you need to treat her in such a cold way? Oh please, can't you just forgive her or at least be a gentleman and let her seat? Or was she too fearful to seat beside you?

No matter how pitiful the girl was, I feel that I can't really do anything as it's their personal problem. You won't want a third party to intrude into things that happen between you and your girlfriend/boyfriend right?

My stop came. Before I alighted, I took a quick glance at how the "couple" were doing. The guy was still sitting down with the "I-can't-see-you-and-won't-want-to" face while she had the "please-don't-be-angry-anymore-I-am-already-so-sad" face. I silently wished her all the best in this and got down.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if the guy caught the girl two-timing?

3:56 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Steph to koan:
Hey! You are right! That may be the reason why. I must have overlooked that point. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

10:03 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Steph to Trollmeister:
Lol...at first I was quite disheartened (who wouldn't be after such a comment?). But after I read your profile, I was like...okay. Thanks anyway for your "compliment" :D

Btw, an interesting idea going about to "troll" blogs that you see.

10:05 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger mynameislina said...

Sob...sob...sob...

6:17 PM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger andrea said...

sadly enough this reminds me of a day in my life with my ex!

happily he is my ex and i'm married to a wonderful man now who would never do that to me :)

9:04 PM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Steph to sexyinred:
Whoa...relax man...hopefully whatever is bothering you isn't there anymore.

Steph to andrea:

I guess as long as you are happy now, that's all that matters. Congrats on finding someone who loves you :D

11:00 PM, April 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home