Steph's Friend

Saturday, April 01, 2006

SAT - Scholastic Aptitude Test ?

It's been a long time since I've last blogged. I was thinking of what to blog but when I saw my tagboard, I was inspired...

What comes into your mind when you see "sat 730!"? I saw it in my tagboard from ulean yesterday. The first thing that came into my mind was a SAT score of 730 for one of the components! If you google "sat", it will bring you to College Board, a place where you take your SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test). The exclamation mark there emphasised the fact that whoever wrote this was extremely happy; something like, "YAY!! I got 730 for SAT (either Math or Verbal)!!!!".

However, as I checked my tagboard this morning, I realised that the tagger actually meant "saturday 7.30pm". Lol...is it just me or does everyone else know that it actually meant "Saturday 7.30pm"?

Here's the whole conversation:

27 Mar 06, 21:43
ulean: ackkksss. ur videos are soOOO FUnNY! MORE. hahaha. OH MY. all the UNWs.

28 Mar 06, 09:38

Steph to Yulin: Haha...glad that you enjoyed them too. I find them funny hence I put them here to share :D What's UNWs?

28 Mar 06, 23:01

ulean: go ask ur juniors and find out lorh

29 Mar 06, 10:10
Steph to Yulin: Thanks loh...is it some expletives? Or some technical jargon like undulating nano-seismic workings?

29 Mar 06, 23:18
ulean: erm. nope. ask ur juniors! hahaha. (: wanna come for a band concert? moulmein! this saturday.

30 Mar 06, 13:29
Steph to Yulin: This Sat? Sorry, but I have lessons man...btw, I know what's UNWs :D It's "You Know What". Right?

30 Mar 06, 22:44
ulean: sat 730!yups. its you know what!

31 Mar 06, 09:37
Steph to Yulin: 730? For Math or Verbal or Essay? That's a very good score :D

31 Mar 06, 23:11
ulean: erms. saturday 7.30pm....

If you think that it actually meant "Saturday", raise your left hand. If you think that it's "A SAT score of 730 for one of the components" , raise your right hand.

(Credits to Yu Lin and Steph for their funny conversation.)


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Ellen and I am 13. I'm a brazilian girl and I want to do the SAT. I can ask you if this blog is for the SAT..

If you need, this is my e-mail:
ellen_905@hotmail.com



thank you very much :)

1:29 AM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

add in the msn if you can ;]

1:29 AM, October 29, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Hello Ellen, I am sorry, but this blog is not about SAT. It so happens that this post touched a bit of the SAT.

8:11 PM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

My MSN email is located at the bottom of the sidebar :D

8:12 PM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger Acakid said...

Want to score high in SAT Exam? Read some tips for SAT Preparation: Click Here

8:07 PM, May 15, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home