Steph's Friend

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Aches, Flu And Sore Throat

You wake up to a new morning feeling bad and giddy. Your body aches and your nose is stuffed. You go to the toilet to brush your teeth. Feeling that there's something at the back of your throat, you force it out in a gargle-like technique you learned from the senior citizens of the community and spit out whatever it is. Lo and behold, on the sink there's a thick yellow phlegm with patches of rusty red. It's not puberty nor is it your birthday. It's a flu and sore throat.

Replace the "you"s with "I"s for the above paragraph and you'll pretty much understand why I placed the facial cream (instead of the toothpaste) on my toothbrush. I realised my folly when it looked different. Thank God that vile cream didn't enter my mouth. If it does...this would be even more interesting. As you've guessed by now, I ain't having a great morning where birds chirp and the sun smiles at you as portrayed in books for little tots.

I have a bad ache, flu and sore throat which is something you won't want over the weekends. You can always rely on these three stooges to ruin your day.

Tomorrow I am expected to go to camp (National Service) as there are some things I have to do. Hopefully I'll recover by then.

"Wishing Steph a speedy recovery" ~ Steph

*Update*

Now my younger brother has green phlegm. I better lock myself up lest some viral outbreak occurs, like those in Raccoon City only without man-eating zombies, hideous dogs and a main character who never seems to get infected even when bitten.

"Wishing Steph and Steph's brother a speedy recovery" ~ Steph


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

8 Comments:

Blogger wenshuren said...

Steph, 祝你俩早日康复.

10:32 AM, August 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get well soon.
well, its normal for me to place toothpaste with facial cream. i even use body shampoo for my hair.

5:45 PM, August 20, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Sorry Yesmaru but I can't read what you typed. It appeares as ????? to me.
Thanks anyway for leaving your comment :)

8:04 PM, August 20, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks Jerine.
Well, I at times accidentally do that too. You are not alone.

8:05 PM, August 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Steph,
hope you get well soon!!! Wishing you and your brother a speedy recovery!!!

4:52 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks Tynee.

My brother and I are feeling much better now :D

6:12 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger wenshuren said...

Steph, I wrote in Chinese. Can you enable your encoding for Chinese. I enjoy your Week's Wick. It's yours right?? ^^

7:01 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Sorry, still can't see the text Yesmaru. I've tried different browsers with different character encodings but to no avail.

Yup, the Week's Wick is mine :D

8:29 PM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home