Steph's Friend

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Carnal Nature Of Man

Romans 7:19
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.


There are times when I want to do good, but I can't. Like the giving up of seats in buses. It's a good thing, but I guess I can't do it most of the time. Why? A childhood incident where someone jeered at me for being a "goody-two shoes". I didn't think that it would affect me until this day. After that incident, I somehow find it harder to give my seat for someone else for the fear of being jeered as a "goody-two shoes" again.

Yet at times, the evils that I will not to do, that I practice. Talking behind others and being envious for the things I don't have; I am not spared from these. I know it's not nice to do them, yet it just happens.

Romans 7:24
O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?


Yes, there are times when I feel remorse over certain actions that I have done like finding out later that a certain friend was hurt by what I said and a certain someone had to do extra work because of me. It's during these times that I feel very bad. Guilty.

Romans 7:25
I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!


He is the way, the truth and the life. He is the answer to this problem. I must learn to let him be the Lord of my life. Not just in words, but in actions also. To completely rely on Him for guidance and not on my wisdom.

I know that He loves me and wants to help me from this wonderful passage:

Romans 8:31-39
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

“ For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Lord help me to be a better person.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol~ i tried to offer my seat to an old lady on the bus once too. She refused, i tried to insist, the bus started to move, i lost my balance and fell... This bus was packed... think domino effect. It wasn't pretty... >___<; In fact, by far, one of the most embarassing moments of my life! T___T; Ever since, i always sat behind. That way, i won't be obliged to offer my seat. It's always the people sitting in front who have to get up. XD
*sigh... why can't the old people just accept our help with dignity? :(

4:50 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

That's embarrassing Tynee. Well, I tried sitting behind, but I found it hard to get off the bus. Why? Because it was so packed. I had to "Excuse me" all the way to the front. By the time I reached the front, the bus drove off. Sad huh?

6:09 PM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home