Steph's Friend

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I Am Featured Here!

I am featured here! Haha...can't believe that my face is actually up in the Internet!

The article is about my research done in Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE). It was done when I was in the first year of National Junior College (NJC). I did it with my partner, Liu Yixin. The project was on Nickel / Palladium as a diffusion barrier. Haha...didn't expect that the research done then would be featured. I am so truly honoured :D This may be the beginning of my dream to be a material engineer/researcher...lol.

The article came about last year in the month of September, which was Science Month. I went to this Science Exhibition at Suntec and went to IMRE's booth. There, I met Mr Eugene Low who found that I was involved with IMRE's research programmes for Junior College students. He worked with my mentor, Dr Nikolai Yakovlev, Liu Yixin and me, to produce this article. Well that's a short history of how this article came about.

"A junior college student discovers that there is more than meets the eye in research and finds a calling in materials science!

Scientific terms or jargon like Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (TOF-SIMS) are so technical that they can be a big turn off to any lay person, not least our teenagers in schools"

Click here to read more :D

Tags: , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home