Steph's Friend

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Singapore Idol 2006


It's here again, Singapore Idol 2006. It was Taufik Batisah then, but who will it be now? There have been a few changes from Singapore Idol 2005 but the most obvious one faced by many is that there no longer exist a hardcopy application form. All hopefuls must apply online via their website.

Well, there was this applicant who wanted a shot at the competition. But when I looked at Joan's (name has been changed to protect the actual person) application form...I won't elaborate further, I will let you see for yourself.

Joan's application form:

FULL NAME: Joan Wong (changed to protect the person)
NRIC/Passport No.: S1234567Z (changed to protect the person)
ADDRESS: My House
NATIONALITY: Singaporean Citizen
ARE YOU A SINGAPORE PR?: NO
RACE: Chinese
SEX: Female
POSTAL CODE: 455664 (changed to protect the person)
EMAIL: ihategmail@gmail.com
DATE OF BIRTH: 05 JAN 1996
OCCUPATION: Student
Contact NO.: 45645645 (changed to protect the person)
SCHOOL/COMPANY: Kranji Primary (changed to protect the person and primary school)

WHO ARE YOUR IDOLS?

So far I don't have any. I would like to try to be one.

HOW WELL CAN YOU SING?
Quite good. My mum and dad says that I have a good voice :P

WHY SHOULD WE PICK YOU?
Because I have a good voice? Also, I am 10, so I guess the recording industry will want to have me rather than someone older.

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO TAKE PART IN THIS COMPETITION? (CITE A SPECIFIC EXAMPLE)

My friend who laughed at my voice. Well, there was once when this girl that I hate laughed at me, saying that my voice sounds like a car that has broken down. Well, I wanted to prove her wrong and told her that I will show her how good my voice is and there's no better way other than to join Singapore idol

HAVE YOU HAD ANY EXPERIENCE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY SUCH AS PERFORMING, HOSTING, PARTICIPATING OR ACTING IN EVENTS, IN PUBS, IN CLUBS, IN LOCAL FILM PRODUCTIONS (STUDENT, AMATEUR OR PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS) ETC.?

No. Well, I am in choir. So I guess you could say that I sang in front of a panel of qualified judges in the SYF (Singapore Youth Festival). We got a Gold Medal in the end and also ended up as the top five choirs for our primary school.

HAVE YOU TAKEN PART IN ANY TALENT-BASED COMPETITIONS (DRAMA, HOSTING, SINGING, DANCING) IN THE PAST 2 YEARS? IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE FURTHER DETAILS (TITLE, YEAR, DURATION, ROLE, CHANNEL, STAGE REACHED [FINAL 30, FINAL 10 ETC.])

Just like what I have said above. I took part in the choir's SYF and ended up with a Gold Medal and top five position.

DID YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST SEASON OF SINGAPORE IDOL IN 2004? IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE FURTHER DETAILS (HOW FAR INTO THE COMPETITION DID YOU PROCEED?)

I did, but admission won't let me try, saying that I was too young. I just reached the registration part of the whole competition.

WHAT’S YOUR PROUDEST ACHIEVEMENT TO DATE?

The SYF event (Gold Medal and Top Five position) and my mum and dad saying that I have a good voice.

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN TEN WORDS:

I have a good voice, mum and dad said so.

NUMBER THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER OF YOUR ABILITY. (START WITH 1 FOR BEST – DOWN TO 4 FOR WORST)

Singing - 1
Song writing/Playing - 2
Dancing - 4
Acting - 3

This is Joan's application. Through the advice of mum and dad, she finally decided not to submit her application form.

Tags: ,


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

6 Comments:

Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
car removal caboolture
car removal gympie

11:17 AM, June 25, 2021  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
car removal sydney
cash for cars sydney online quote

12:36 PM, June 25, 2021  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
cash for cars goldcoast
cash for cars caboolture

1:00 PM, June 25, 2021  
Blogger Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
scrap metal bins
scrap metal logan

1:27 PM, June 25, 2021  
Blogger Adrians said...

That’s great :) I must say it is full of informational blogs. In addition, We are offering Fast Cash For Cars Tweed Heads services up to $9,999. Adrian provide cash for car removal services throughout Australia. Just let us know your location, and we will come to you within 1 to 2 working hours.

7:48 PM, January 04, 2022  
Blogger Speedy said...

Nice Article, well, thanks for sharing. We are also offering the best Cash for cars Brisbane services. By getting the quote, you can see how much you will save immediately. We pay up to $9,998 instantly. We accept vehicles of all ages, makes, and models whether used, scrap, old, unwanted or junk.

11:11 PM, January 04, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home