Steph's Friend

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Family

It happened so suddenly. Last night he was walking about joking with the whole family. But when I returned home today...I saw his bag and shoes at the door. He normally gets home after me. But today? Also, he has a test today...which means he would be back even later! I went to ask my father, and he told me that my brother is sick.

He went to school in the morning for the test. But it looks like his condition was so bad that he took a taxi back home, after which my father brought him to the Polyclinic. The doctor gave him some medicine. After eating it he vomitted. He has diarrhea and vomits every now and then. He missed his test and his teacher will be giving the test on some other day.

My father is worried and so am I. I guess when one member of the family is sick, the whole family suffers. I won't say that it's bad or what, but somehow seeing one of your family members in pain, it makes you worried. I guess he may have eaten something wrong. Or maybe the recent cold weather caused "wind" to enter (as some Chinese would believe). But I guess it's family that provides the support when one is sick. The support (bringing a glass of water, feeding, doing his part of the chores...etc) really is encouraging, especially so if you are sick. That time when my mother had kidney stones, the whole family could hardly sleep. When my father was hospitalised for dengue my mother cried. When I was hospitalised for asthma, my family visited me in my ward. Now when my brother is sick, it's our turn to care for him. I guess that's what "family" means...being there for one another when you are in trouble (or in this case sick).

He's now resting. Hopefully he will recover soon.

God Bless...

Tags: , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

4 Comments:

Blogger Calvin aka Yamada Shun 山田駿 said...

Well hope ur bro gets well soon :)

8:55 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks for your concern. He's better now. However he has not fully revovered yet. Hopefully he will recover soon.

10:13 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You must have a very nice, close family. Not everyone would be so caring. Hope he feels better soon.

10:53 PM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks for your well-wishes. It's true that our family is close and I am really appreciative of that.

10:55 PM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home