Steph's Friend

Monday, October 30, 2006

Cut While Having A Haircut

I had a haircut a while ago.

As usual, I sat on the chair and waited for the barber to cut my hair. All went well, the pair of scissors was skillfully used as I see strands of hair falling down.

It reminded me of my days in Tekong. For those who do not know what Tekong is, it's a place where all 18 year-old Singaporean males enlist into the army to become recruits. There I had chunks of hair (yes, chunks and not strands) removed. Not a very nice experience.

Suddenly, a sharp pain could be felt behind my ear! I jerked to the side. The barber had accidentally shaved my skin behind my ear! Oh man, the pain. It was burning. I touched behind my ear to feel if there's a wound or anything like that. Nothing. It was painful as I moved my finger around the cut. I told the barber that she had cut me. She said something like, "No lah, you imagining only."

I touched again. This time, there was blood on my finger. I froze. I told the barber that this time I saw blood. Then she said, "Oh yah, it's a little cut." Okay...

I sat throughout the whole haircut wondering if the site maybe infected. Will the ear drop off? Will she cut more than just hair? Shucks, sometimes, I just scare myself. After the haircut was over, I didn't pay her and just walked off. I touched behind my ear. This time the blood had clot. The pain however is still there. It has always been a childhood nightmare that the barber would cut more than my hair, I guess now that I am 20, it sort of happened.

By the way, did I mentioned that the barber was my mother? I don't blame her for making this small error, it's a good thing that my ear is still intact. Just joking mom. Anyway my mother sort of accidentally cut her finger while cutting my hair. Despite that, she still continued cutting my hair. I guess that's mother's love for you.

My advice? Don't think of walking out of a haircut without paying unless the barber is your mother.

Thanks mom.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

4 Comments:

Blogger Tisha! said...

Poor thing you! I can imagine the damage you would have done to the hairstyler had it not been your mother! All ok now?

Cheers
Tisha

3:56 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Lol...I don't think there will be any damage. The most, I will just walk away.

I am fine. Thanks Tisha.

6:06 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you think about HIV infection? haha... I am a hypochondriac, once was cut by the hairdresser and had to go online to check how long the HIV virus would last on a scisor!

4:09 AM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Lol...I didn't think of that.
Wow...that's kinda scary. I would be totally scared if that happens.
Thanks for sharing :)

7:59 AM, November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home