Steph's Friend

Monday, October 02, 2006

PDA - Public Display of Affection

It's not some gizmo you play with nor is it some new genetically modified food. It's something you can find in the MRT, buses and even in taxis!

PDAs range from a simple peck to a more complex series of actions that increase the body temperature of the individuals involved.

On a particular day, I was on the MRT going home. I was leaning against the glass pane near the door reading the TODAY newspaper. A few stops later there was this couple. The woman leaned against the glass panel while the man faced her. This meant that his back was facing me. I did not take notice of them at first.

I was reading the article on Thailand's coup when suddenly I heard smooching noises. I thought I was in Hollywood. From a serious political situation to a private moment between couples, I dare say that the world is small and unpredictable. I lifted my head to see what happened. The woman saw me and spoke in some language which I did not understand. The man stopped. Did I interupt them? Too bad.

A while later, there was giggling. The man was tickling the woman. Oh man, adults behaving as kids...no wonder they say that there is a kid in everyone of us. I thought it was applicable to adults watching Kids Central, but I guess I was wrong. The woman was like "Stop it...hehe...it tickles...haha." However, the man did not pay any attention to her. He continued tickling. Was it fun? I don't know. I would be irritated if I was the woman and would give him a tight slap for bothering me.

I continued reading TODAY. There was this article on how more women in Tehran (Iran) are going for nose jobs. I read it with interest as I always thought that countries like Iran do not allow such things where women are allowed to follow their Western counterparts. It was then that I heard something. I won't elaborate what I heard as it's something restricted behind close doors. I was surprised! It was in the public! Oh man...kids these days.

I won't continue on lest my post sounds like some dirty story.

While I am not really in favour of PDAs, (call me an old man if you want) I am for couples who are truly in love with each other. I can see that they love each other at that point of time. There was no sea of fire to cross nor a tower to reach the maiden's hair. The simple act of looking at each other's eyes only to bring a smile (which they showed from time to time) really speaks volumes. Ok, I admit, I was looking at them, but hey, it ain't my fault that they were in public right?

I would give it a 5.5/10. Too mushy for my taste.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahaha...i thought im the only one who hates pda. but nothing worse than what ive seen. i think it was last year when some nursery business was going on near the tampines mrt. i was at the interchange somehow at 3 am. and i saw a couple... ahem.. ahem.. you know what. well, i did not see the whole thing but i saw the two of them ahem.. ahem.. you know what.

gosh! finally i can see some other things in your blog other than that two stupid face.

2:39 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Hm...okay...I don't think I want to know either...haha.

Wow...3 am. What were you doing at such an hour?

Lol...I can see that you really detest them both.

9:22 PM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry said... steph.. i am sorry to say this but i think you have over reacted to things around you. I am also from NTU btw and seriously i don't think there's anything wrong with pda. when two person are in love, it's something natural. A bit of teasing here and there won't kill. well.. some may says what if the younger kids sees and learns. Oh Hello!!! There's TV, Advertisements with women in their briefs, Movies even cartoons that tell adult jokes. I think a little pda is ok. Tickling is ok.Not like having doing the nos nos(sex) in the middle of the public. Well.. that one is of course unacceptable

10:43 PM, May 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home