Steph's Friend

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Berkeley Summer Session 08 Is Over

It truly has been a long time since I last blogged. At last, my exams are over! I just sat for my last (it also happened to be the first) exam paper today. The subject I took was EE100 Electronic Techniques for Engineering.

I must say that a lot of things have happened. I've seen how people mugged through the whole night, how toilet doors do not stay close when they are supposed to, how "kiasu" some people here can get, how friendships grow, how packing more than 8 books into your bag is stupid, how people here behave...etc.

I will be back in Singapore in 2 more days. I've missed like 2 weeks of school and hopefully I still can catch up.

So far I am pretty satisfied with how things are going in life. All I can say is that the Lord is good.

I am now in Stern Hall writing this post. I just moved here. Apparently, they placed me in a suite. It has two beds but I am the only occupant here. Nice!

Interestingly, the people here don't really know where Singapore is. It's like when I tell them I am from Singapore, they are like "Oh is that somewhere in India?" Diao! There's this guy who said that Singapore is in Thailand...well at least it's closer to its actual place.

Tomorrow I will be shopping around for family and friends back in India...wait I mean Thailand...er no...Singapore.

Then there was once we were eating with this girl from America. We taught her how to speak some Hokkien words such as "Wah piang" and "Wah lau". It was a very interesting experience...lol.

Anyway, when I go back to Singapore, I hope that the workload there will be fine.

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ,nice meeting here on your blog. it's so funny to read your words~~well ,berkeley is a really nice place ,and it's also my dream graduate school,and the most important,i'd like to take courses in berkeley summer session in 2009,so i hope that you can talk to me a little more about your one-month-life,both acadamically and casually,there.
hoping hear from you
yours guest
fangfang
shanghai

8:46 PM, September 20, 2008  
Blogger Suzie said...

Hi - im olso one of many who wants to attent the berkeley summer session in 2009...:)
and im searching the internet for any additional information connected with berkely in this summer... i would be greatfull for any advice...
Thank u.

8:30 PM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger Olivia said...

Hi. You blog is nice. I went to Berkeley after high school but stopped to do some work, but am beginning again this summer (and consequently am scared!!!). You do a nice job describing the reality....8 books in a backpack....

Ps I know where singapore is!!!

3:37 AM, March 01, 2009  
Blogger Deny Binsar Mangisi said...

hi visit and follow please.
nice to meet u^

1:40 PM, February 12, 2010  
Anonymous Clipping Path said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill. Please keep on working hard. Thanks

5:37 PM, January 24, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home