Steph's Friend

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Pop Ups Appearing On My Page!!

Some of you may have noticed that pop ups are appearing on my blog. Well these pop ups are definitely not from me.



I've scanned my computer for adware using some of the softwares and deleted some of the files detected through them.

However...the pop ups still appear.

-_-

I heard of some programs that hack a website / blog's source code into displaying pop up ads for their favour. Hopefully my blog is not one of the victims.

I am not sure where these pop ups are from but I definitely don't want them.

Any of you out there in the blogosphere knows how to solve this problem? Help is greatly appreciated :D

Tags:

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, I'm not seeing either one of them on your site right now. They seem familiar though, I've seen them before on others. Wish I could help you out, pop-ups suck.

9:02 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

They appear occasionally. At times when I put up new posts or edit the template they appear. Happened not once or twice...but for quite sometime already. Thanks anyway for trying to help...I appreciate it :)

9:04 PM, November 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The popups are more than likely from your tagboard or poll.

Companies provide free services by sneaking in popups to pay for the bandwidth.

Find another provider that does not use popups and your popup problem will be a thing of the past!

5:46 AM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Hm...thanks for your suggestion. I will investigate into this matter. But are there any companies that provide free services without such sneaky ads? Hopefully yes. I'll try to look for them. In the meanwhile, I guess I will have to stick with the old one first. Thanks anyway for your suggestion anonymous, it was helpful :D

8:22 AM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Locksley said...

The pop-ups are from your Tag-Board, I'm sure of it. I've gotten the same pop-ups before. In fact, I was not allowed to join BlogExplosion until I removed my Tag-Board. My solution was to implement comments instead (which you already have).

9:34 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Hey you are right. I went to their website and they stated that they have pop ups in their board to continue their service for free. Thanks for the helpful advice.

But sadly my friends still want the tag board there to put their comments. They find the tag board more convenient than the "Comments".

10:46 PM, November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home