Steph's Friend

Saturday, October 15, 2005

NJC Open House

Inilah maktab bangaan kita...

Those were the days when I used to sing the song and play with the Symphonic Band the national anthem and school songs...

As I entered the side gate...the familiar red track seems I was excited that I am coming back to NJ after a long time. I could see my batch of Percussion friends and my juniors. Sadly, I could not get to see some of them.

Anyway, there's a way major change in NJ since I left. First, the toilets at the canteen has been relocated and renovated. It's renovated to a Plaza Singapura kind of toilet huh? Also, the place-where-we-place-our-bags-when-we-go-for-PE has been renovated too. The floor is tiled! It seems like a make-over.

Then I stepped into the bandroom...saw my section juniors. Three of them. One of them approached me and asked me:

Junior: Hi, are you our senior?
Me: Yah. I am your senior's senior.
Junior: Oh ok.

Then I wandered around...looking at the scores...looking at the new drumsticks that they have.

The band was having some kind of individual warm-up at that time. So I thought, "Why don't I impart some knowledge of playing the drums to my juniors' junior?" What followed was a series of tutorials. She was very eager in learning which is good. She's also a fast learner which is also good.

Me: Where's the rest of the juniors?
Junior: Some went for ushering.
Me: Oh ok.

Then the Student Conductor proceeded on to conduct the band. Before he started, he asked me...

Student Conductor: Hi, welcome to the band. This is the band (waving his hands around). Make yourself comfortable.
Me: (I just smiled)
My Junior: Erm...he's not here to join band. He is our SENIOR.
Me: (I just smiled)
Student Conductor: Eh? Oh sorry (followed by a bow). Well at least it's good to know that you look young.
Me: (I just smiled)

Lol...I couldn't help but laugh. The whole band also laughed. I guess I was the first senior to arrive. Hence they mistook me for some new guy. Anyway, that was not the worse of it all. This conversation happened before I left.

Junior 1: Hey, you know something?
Junior 2: What?
Junior 1: Well, when I first saw him I tought he's some IP (Integrated Programme) kid wanting to join us. But later on did I realise that he's our senior.
Junior 1 and 2: HAHA.
Me: (I just smiled)

People think that I am a Sec 3 kid!? Lol...I am serving NS now loh.

Anyway, I took a section photo with them.

Sadly, it's not a complete photo.

Then here's some pictures of them performing for some NJ-to-bes.

Percussion Section

Percussion Section

Woodwind section

Percussion section

Brass section

Well that sums it up for my day at NJC...feels good to be back in


Technorati   Digg!   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home