Steph's Friend

Monday, January 30, 2006

Spyware

My computer was a bit sluggish these days and the internet speed was fluctuating every now and then. It sounds like there's some spyware in my computer. So I typed in "online spyware scanner" in MSN Search and got here.

Trend Micro™ Anti-Spyware for the Web, is a very useful application where I got to scan my computer online. I found that there were around 17 files that were spyware/adware/malware...etc. It's a good thing that the service is free so that I can scan and remove all these unwanted "guests" from my "home".

After the use of the nifty application I found, everything worked smoothly. It's nice to know that there's a free online scanner out there (and importantly, it's free :D)

Note: It uses ActiveX to install a program and only works in Internet Explorer. It didn't work when I was using Firefox.

Tags: , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

2 Comments:

Blogger  Ashok said...

fish and chips are my favorite too, especially with tartar sauce and coleslaw. You have a nice blog. Visit mine too at
http://artgallery21.blogspot.com/

7:16 PM, February 05, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks for commenting. Haha...glad that you like my blog. I went over and saw the nice pictures you have. I think that it is cool to art-ify maths into paintings.

7:27 PM, February 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home