Steph's Friend

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Left Behind

I saw my brother reading this book "Left Behind" (by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B Jenkins which talks about being left behind on earth during the second coming of Christ) when suddenly it hit me like a bolt of lightning.

Right In Front! It's the opposite of Left Behind! Wow...how many times do you find the opposite of a group of words and find that they have meaning in them?

(Okay, in case you are getting confused, "Right" is the opposite of "Left" and "In Front" is the opposite of "Behind" so by association, I can say that "Right In Front" is the opposite of "Left Behind"!)

When I told this newfound discovery I had made to my brother, he tilt the book a little and said, "That's so lame. Please, I am trying to read here."

Anyway, not only did finding-the-opposite (here I am talking about "Right In Front") made sense, it could also be used with the parent-group (talking about "Left Behind") in an actual sentence! Example:

"He's not left behind but right in front!"

Haha...now that's English :D

Tags: , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

4 Comments:

Blogger Calvin aka Yamada Shun 山田駿 said...

Er i dont get the joke. -_-"

12:24 AM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Well, my brother was reading this book called "Left Behind". So I was trying to be witty (some might say lame) and said that the opposite of his book, "Left Behind", is "Right In Fron" because "Right" is opposite of "Left" and "In Front" is opposite of "Behind". Hopefully this will clear things up...sorry if my explanation isn't clear enough.

5:39 PM, January 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the name of your new blog.

6:29 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Huh? Sorry but I don't get it.
Thanks for commenting anyway :D

7:07 PM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home