Steph's Friend

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Stomach Flu? Diarrhea? My Stomach Sure Hurts

These few days, my stomach has been hurting badly. It all started on Thursday night. After coming back from work, I felt very uneasy (feverish kind of feeling). Then after a few hours, my stomach began to hurt. I became nauseous...felt like vomiting but can't . Then came the fever, 37.8 degrees. I went to the toilet very often due to my diarrhea. But I couldn't stand up for long due to my low blood pressure. If I stand too long, I will get very dizzy and may fall.

Then my parents decided to bring me to NUH (National University Hospital). I was given 3 packets of Sodium Chloride for infusion. There were checks on my blood pressure every now and then, hoping that the infusion would improve it. However, it did not really rise at all, and if it did, it only rose by a little. In the end, I was given 4 days of MC. The whole trip to the hospital lasted from 10.30pm to 4.00am...that's around 5 1/5 hours. I guess it's due to the infusion which takes up a lot of time, especially if it's three packets.

Before I got this, my mum followed by my brother got the same thing. They showed the same symptoms. Also, the people at the hospital showed also the same symptoms. It includes one officer, a lady. My auntie and cousin also showed the same symptoms.

My father was saying that it's somekind of stomach flu virus, something that may be related to the bird flu virus. I am not sure how true this is though. I don't know if this is some kind of outbreak or what but hopefully it's not something very serious like the bird flu.

Tags: , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

4 Comments:

Blogger Calvin aka Yamada Shun 山田駿 said...

I've no exact idea what it is. But, a friend of mine had sucha a problem too.

He says its common nowadays. :S, Anyway, no worries, get well soon :)

12:11 AM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks man for your well-wishes :D

8:43 AM, January 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope that u'll get well soon prenz :)

11:18 AM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks for your well wishes :)

5:53 PM, January 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home