Steph's Friend

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Evol?

How do you pronounce the word "Evol"?

"E-vol"?

"E-vul"?

I don't know. At first sight I thought it was "evil" spelt wrongly. Either that or it's a short form for "evolution". However, I was wrong (well that was what she told me).

Anastasia showed me this word and asked me to guess what it was. I told her that it was "evil" spelt wrongly. She shook her head and asked me to try again.

She knew the answer, I could see it from that grin on her face. I guess she was just playing around, asking me to guess words that don't exist at all (I may be wrong, for all you know, Urban Dictionary may have a meaning for it).

Is it her foreign friend's name? Nope, it was not.

She smiled this time, obviously getting the kick out of frustrating me with a silly "Guess-the-meaning-of-this-crazy-word" game. I gave up.

"Hey! You are no fun at all! Come on, try again. As they say, "the third's a charm". Now, what's "evol"?"

"Okay fine, since you want me to guess, I'll just come up with another answer."

"So the answer is...?"

"It's "love" spelt backwards."

"!"

"What? It's just some lame answer that pop-ed into my head that's all. Why the surprised look?"

"You're correct!"

"!"

""Evol" is "love" spelt backwards! Congrats!"

Seriously, I wasn't expecting any correct answer from what was meant to be a lame answer. I guess it worked this time.

"So why share with me this "evol-love" thing?"

"Nah, just wanted to share with you something that my boyfriend shared with me."

"Well...considering his way of thinking, I guess it's no surprise that he could come up with such things."

"Aww...cute ain't it? And I find it very romantic."

"Ew..."

So that was my first ever encounter with "evol". No, it's not "evil", it's "love" spelt backwards.

If you guessed it from the beginning, you are simply a genius. Please don't spread this "evol-love" thing with your boyfriend/girlfriend. Not all people find it cute.

"What's "evol"?..."Evol" is "love" spelt backwards...And I find it very romantic." ~ Anastasia

(Note: I came back home and checked with Urban Dictionary. True enough, Anastasia's definition of "evol" was there. Scary ain't it?


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a big cop out to me, so these people don't have to say love, but these girls fall for it anyway. Talk about creative ways to get in someone's pants without even having to say love now! Crazy

8:54 AM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Well, I guess different people love different things :)

12:40 PM, May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home