Steph's Friend

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Do You Have A Girlfriend?

I was on duty today when one of the lady officers asked me a question.

Lady Officer: Do you have a girlfriend?

I was stunned by her question. There I was busy doing duty and out of the blue a personal question popped in front of me.

Me: What do you think? Do you think I have any?

I hit the ball back to her court.

Lady Officer: What kind of answer is that?

True, but it all started with your what-kind-of question you asked earlier.

Me: Come on, just guess. It's a 50-50 chance of getting the correct answer.

Lady Officer: No. I don't think you have.

I know reality hurts but she got the correct answer.

Me: True. Not bad. You got the correct answer. Why do you ask?

Lady Officer: No lah. I think you are too picky that's why.

It was then that she walked away. I guess she's busy with her work just as I am busy trying to find out what the heck is going on.

First of all, I would like to say that strange enough, my parents have quite an influence in this area of my life. Think of the UN Council. I am like some Third World country while they are the World Powers. You get what I am trying to say? So it is not because I am too picky or whatever, but I guess my parents are concerned and would like to assist in this area of my life. I can continue ranting on why they have the say in this area, but I guess I'll keep that for another blog post later on where I have the time. It's quite late now (around 10.20pm) and I need to sleep. Yes, my parents would like me to sleep early. Surprised? You should be, I am 20 years old.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

4 Comments:

Blogger PuppyDog Tales said...

hi there! am blog-hopping on blogmad.

well, I guess at least there's some conversation going on... i mean, it could get pretty boring if everyone's just working...

11:33 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Haha...true Kat. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

5:34 PM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if you enjoy sleeping more...:)

seriously, having a serious girlfriend isn't that important, is it? it would be nice to have one, but not having one is no big deal too if this is a matter of choice. if it's not a matter of choice, then we do have a small problem. *LOL* In which case, we just get philosophical...

9:36 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

That does sounds philosophical. I however think that if you are in a relationship just for the sake of having one and not because you truly love the other, then I guess it's a waste of time. I feel that people should get into a relationship because they are serious and not for other selfish reasons. This is of course my personal point of view.

Thanks for sharing yours Bayi :D

6:06 PM, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home