Steph's Friend

Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Post Of 2007

It has been quite a year...this post will be the last post for the year 2007.

I just came back from Medan last Friday. When I reached home it was already quite late. Medan was quite interesting. There, I met some friends and chatted.

One of them (Let's call him Ron) said something interesting. I met him in Church the Sunday before Christmas. I sat next to him in Church while there were some youths in front practicing for some Christmas dance. This was what he said (I will translate all to English).

Ron: Did you see that?
Me: What?
Ron: The sparkle in her eyes. (Sinar mata).
Me: Who?

He nudged his head in the direction of a particular lady.

Me: Her? I didn't realize it. Let me see.

I looked in her direction and she was busy practicing some dance moves.

Ron: So do you see it?

I tried to change the subject.

Me: How about you? Do you see anyone whose eyes sparkle when she looks at you?

I suspect there is one. But he refused to admit it.

Ron: Hey...the lights above are kinda bright ain't it?

Never mind.

Me: How do you know that she has that sparkle?
Ron: Well, I can observe.
Me: What if you are wrong?
Ron: Well, I am hardly wrong.
Me: What if I walk up to her and ask "Hey, according to Ron, he says that you like me." and she says that it isn't so? Won't it be pretty embarrassing?
Ron: Hm...well maybe not 100% right...it's about 80% right.
Me: 80%?
Ron: Well, if you talk to her, I am sure she will like you.

Wha...he's so confident about it.

Me: So why do you say that?
Ron: She's similar to you...quiet...able to mix with people despite their social status.

In case you don't know this girl is considered "high profile" because of her accomplishments. This girl (from what I can see) is pretty quiet. Anyway, we chatted about other things after that.

A few days before I went back to Singapore, there was another Church service. There, my mother said something.

Mum: Why don't you talk to her?

She's referring to the same girl Ron was talking about.

Me: But what should I say?
Mum: Well, just try. Maybe talk about school or something. She's looking over at your direction you know.
Me: Really?

Yup, she's looking at my direction. I guess my friend Ron maybe right. Why maybe? Well, until it's confirm, everything's just speculation.

Anyway, that's about it.

I checked my results for my first semester of my first year over at Medan on the 28th and surprise surprise...I didn't know what to say when I saw my results. Overall, I am quite satisfied with my results.

It's the last day of the year and I wish everyone a happy year ahead :)

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms-Ellisa said...

Did you go talk to her in the end...?

There's no harm in just talking, and if she actually turns out to like you, then even better for you... :)

9:55 PM, January 05, 2008  
Blogger Steph said...

Nope. I didn't.

Well, it's hard because she's really quiet. Yeah...

9:03 AM, January 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home