Steph's Friend

Saturday, November 19, 2005

In The MRT

I was on my way to town in the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) when something happened. I was leaning against the glass pane near to the door of the MRT reading a book when suddenly a girl in front of me fell down.

She was about the age of a Sec 3 kid (around 15). She was dressed in St John's Ambulance Brigade uniform (should be her CCA), when she suddenly fell down. The man behind her shook her and said, "Are you OK?". We all thought that she fainted as the train was at one of the stops not moving when she fell. There were gasps here and there. She was lying on the floor for about 5 to 10 seconds. I couldn't she her face as she was blocked by this guy standing in front of me. But I could see and hear that she had fallen down. After that, there was this lady who helped her to get up. She asked her, "Are you feeling dizzy? Can you hear me? Are you feeling ok......I think you better sit down." With that, the girl sat down and rest.

Why didn't I help her? I was too shocked. Imagine you are reading a book on your Driving Theory Test, when suddenly there's this girl who fell (or maybe faint) in front of you. It was all so sudden. It was like two seconds after she fell that anyone went ahead to help her (the man behind her being the first).

If I was in her shoes, I would be so pai-seh (embarrassed). I am a St John's Brigade member and I can't help myself. It's so pai-seh man. Maybe she has a lot going on in her mind, or maybe she isn't feeling well. Well, at least she was not hurt. Maybe a few bumps here and there, but at least it's not fatal.

Hm...these few days, there seems to be a lot of things happening in the buses and MRT that I take.

Tags:

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home