Steph's Friend

Monday, May 22, 2006

Her...

"You are different from other guys I know..."
I know. So?

"Kind of old-fashioned. But I believe that there's someone there who likes your kind of person."
I don't know...but thanks for the compliment anyway auntie.

"You know something? She came early just to see you."
Really?

"There she is! Aren't you going to say something?"
She may like me, but I don't.

"Are you ignorant or what? Sheesh, you are blur..."
I am not. I just don't want to hurt her by giving false hope.

"I...I...like you. Bye."
Wait! I'm...

"Why?"
How do you put this...

"Can we still be friends?"
I guess "friends" is okay as long as it stays there.

"See what I told you? I was right aren't I? Now, it's the girls that chase the guys. So be careful."
I know grandma.

"I am saying this a friend. There are "distractions" along the way. You will know that she's the right one as God will give signs and confirmations through the people around you."
I know, I've been told of this before. Thanks.

"I believe that there's a family out there who keeps an eye on their daughter just like what I am doing son."
I know Dad.

"Not many people think like you, but I guess it's what makes you unique."
Thanks.

(Those are some of the words that people have said years ago...)

Somehow, I know that there's someone out there. I won't call it instinct or insert-some-mumbo-jumbo-word-here. I would call it faith. I had this kind of feeling since I was small. An assurance that God has thought of this matter and solved it way before I came to think about it. He knows everything!

Somehow, I know that there's someone out there...for me. Someone whom I will be very happy to spend the rest of my life with. It's just that now may not be the time, but I know that in His perfect timing, He will reveal who she is. My family will be happy with her and her family will be happy with me. What a wonderful day it will be! Call me someone who daydreams and fantasizes, I still believe in it.

So in the meantime, I will just have to wait in faith and surrender this matter to God. My father taught me to pray for her. I know it sounds weird to pray for someone you've never seen before, but I guess it's never to early to start praying for something that will affect a major part of your life.

"A mistake may result in a lifetime of regret, but a wise choice results in a happy family." ~ My Dad.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home