Steph's Friend

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Is It Me Or Is The Fridge Not Opening?

Have you ever experienced this?

After closing the fridge, try opening it. It's harder...right? I experience this whenever I have second thoughts about snack-ing after meals.

I was curious and went to google it. Who says you can't think on a snack-less stomach?

Anyway, here's the explanation. When you open the food-tub, warm air enters the fridge. Closing it cools the warm air inside, creating a small vacuum. Hence, extra carbos from the snack yesterday is required to open the fridge.

So here's one more reason why you shouldn't eat after meals. Unless of course you wait for a few seconds (or maybe minutes) later for air from the outside to enter inside and negate the small vacuum inside.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm.. interesting...didn't know that! came through BE

10:18 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Glad that you found it interesting. I guess there's more to taking an after-meal snack than the guilt :D

6:28 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger golfwidow said...

I don't know what's more interesting: that you pondered it enough to look it up, or that someone else pondered it enough to study the situation and post the answer on the Internet, or that I immediately got up and tested my own fridge, 'cos if I did notice that before, it certainly never registered with me.

Cool. No pun intended.

8:16 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Wow...you actually tried. I thought that people will just read for information's sake.

I guess simple everyday actions can be interesting if one is willing to spend a bit more time thinking about them.

9:43 PM, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home