Steph's Friend

Monday, June 26, 2006

2006 FIFA World Cup

Now everyone's mad about the 2006 FIFA World Cup. I am not a soccer fan myself so I don't really see what's so interesting about soccer. There was this scene that I saw today while waiting for the doctor that made me realise the power of the World Cup.

I was waiting outside for the doctor to call me. There was this patient who seemed as if he was limping. There was this other guy who looked like a doctor (from the way he dressed and the pass he carried) who was walking past me. It was then that the television in front showed the highlights of the World Cup in these few days. Guess what happened? The doctor sat down while the guy who limped watched. For a moment, the guy was not complaining about his limp nor was the doctor going to wherever he was planning to go. Both smiled as the winners of the match were announced. After the highlights, those two went back to what they were doing. One walked away while the other started to limp again.

The World Cup should be considered as an alternate form of medicine.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men, that happens all the time in my country, in Spain :). But here the whole country make a pause, so you can't find nobody in the streets... Luckily the matches were in the night. If not, the country, would be paralised :P
Coco
http://cocosworld.wordpress.com

7:06 AM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Lol...I guess the World Cup is an international language that almost everyone understands.

Haha...true. The matches here (Singapore) are also in the night. I can't imagine if it was in the day :D

5:47 PM, June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home