Steph's Friend

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Hunter And The Hunted

I was going to Church today when I saw this. If you are a bird lover, I won't recommend that you read on, especially if you are those who can't stand violence, gore and blood. You have been warned.


The above is an unlucky bird who may end up as cat food. It was originally held under the cat's paws, but after awhile, the bird tried to escape only to be caught again. Tough luck.


Following from behind it, my brother took another snap. The prey is being brought to some new site. The method? The cat's mouth.

Here are two more photos of "animal instinct". My brother has tried to take one from the front, but the cat always turned. I guess it's wrong to take photos of another's food.



At first, I've thought of helping the bird by chasing the cat away, but in the animal kingdom, animal instincts and their laws are one territory that I believe I shouldn't enter and disturb. This fact was emphasised when the cat looked, no, stared at me with prey held by it's mouth. Fine, you earned your kitty food by waiting under that tree for hours and you don't want me to take away your food. See what I mean?

Aren't you just happy that there's no such thing in our world? Yes, I am talking about the human world. You don't see someone pouncing on another person, yet the human world is filled with terrors worse than that portrayed in the pictures above. Betrayal from a loved one, back-stabbed by your closest friend and being late for your girlfriend's birthday dinner. It seems that our world too has it's own laws and mechanics.

(Okay I am wrong about the blood thing on the first paragraph, but hey, you get what I meant right?)


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite their cuteness, cats can be pretty evil things.

I remember once watching a cat for ages torturing a mouse by catching it, then letting it escape, then catching it again.

10:52 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Charles said...

Poor bird!
Happy Cat!

11:46 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

To Tez:

That's so sadistic! I don't really like cats anyway, the way they stare at you seems so...evil.

6:54 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

To Charles:

Nice summary there.

6:55 PM, June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right. The cat is ruled by natural instincts to kill prey. What humans can do to each other is far worse.

http://thepoodleanddogblog.typepad.com/

10:51 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Yes, but I believe not everyone is that bad. There are kind souls who go the extra mile to help you.

I guess, the human world is much more complex than "survival of the fittest", I guess it's this uniqueness that makes everyone "human".

8:13 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh please. You made it sound like a gorefest. The food chain in action I suppose.

2:11 AM, June 17, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Haha, maybe it's the first paragraph that makes it sounds like a gorefest.

8:30 AM, June 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home