Steph's Friend

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's My Birthday!

Today's my birthday. Okay it's not a big event like the Fifa World Cup but it's the day where Steph was born.

The day started with my phone ringing from the SMS I received. Thanks to all those who remembered. The family had a discussion of where to eat for my birthday, we decided to go to somewhere nearby for the celebration meal. The meal there would be our lunch.

I was going to Jurong West when I saw Neo Shi Ming! I was waiting at the bus stop for my bus when I heard someone saying, "Hey Steph!". I turned around and there he was, my Commonwealth junior. He was on his way to the Jurong Polyclinic as he was sick. Coincidence isn't it to meet him on the bus stop.

Anyway, when it was about noon, we departed for West Mall. We walked around looking for a place to eat. We finally decided to go to Swenson's. This was way better than a suggestion that we go to a local Kopitiam. I looked at the menu and got the greatest shock of my life.


Can you believe it? Burgers for $10+! And I thought MacDonalds and Burger King were expensive. How wrong I was. Anyway, we scanned the whole menu and ordered what we wanted.

This was what my Dad ordered: Salmon and Mushroom Baked Rice


My mum's order: Aglio Oglio


My brother's: Chicken Baked Rice


Finally, the birthday boy's: Fish Fillet Baked Rice


The food was nice. We didn't order a birthday cake as I felt that it's primary-schoolish to "sing a birthday song and blow out the candles". I am already 20 in case you are wondering. The food was expensive (chicken rice costs only $2.50) but heck, it's my birthday! Come on, it's only once a year.

Finally after our main meal, we ordered the Topless 5. The flavours were: Orange Sherbet, Strawberry, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla and Almond.


The ice-cream was great! What do you expect? It's Swenson's where ice-creams are the main stuff.

The bill came and there was this lucky draw for 4 to go on an overseas trip. I don't think we will get it though as we aren't really good in lucky draws.

After the celebration, my family shopped around for awhile before going back home.


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

7 Comments:

Blogger Mumsgather said...

Happy Birthday!

8:00 AM, June 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had/have a happy day! :)

-Matt

Here via BlogMad

9:25 AM, June 08, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thank you all of you for your well-wishes :D

1:22 PM, June 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday~!! May all ur dreams and wishes come true =)

10:51 PM, June 08, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks Nicole. I appreciate it :D

5:42 PM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger Jerine said...

Happy Birthday!
Im drooling at all the gratins

7:51 PM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Lol...they sure are nice, but at a price. It rhymes!
Thanks :D

10:46 PM, June 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home