Steph's Friend

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Touring Orchard Road

This afternoon I went to Orchard Road as a tourist. Sometimes as a Singaporean, we tend to miss things that other people (tourists for example) may notice. So my adventure began at noon.

I took an MRT to Orchard and alighted there. As I walked, I saw this.


Cool huh? It's a glass panel with blue lights behind! We don't have that over at where I stay (Jurong). Imagine if they start to flash people's faces instead of lights...hm...

Then I saw this promising advertisement.


Sounds too good to be true huh? Just use only AND win! So based on that sentence alone, you can use your card AND win SGD$100,000. Wah...tempting man. I think Singapore is giving away lots of money. They have another one here.


They should have stated some terms and conditions. Instead of saying use AND win. It's kinda deceiving don't you think?

Anyway, I went to the bus stop and saw this.


Pardon the poor quality. It's a board that informs commuters when a certain bus service would arrive. Pretty neat. They don't have this in where I stay. Sad.

Next is the shortest pedestrian crossing I have ever seen in my life. Here it is.


Just look at it! One car is enough to fill about 70% of the pedestrian crossing! It's definitely the shortest I have ever seen so far. In case you want to go there and take a look, here's another picture with the street sign.


It's at Angullia Park.

Then I saw this poor man who was just simply too tall.


This happens when you are too tall.

The next thing I saw is a very interesting form of advertisement. It's like a display on the floor where commuters can interact with it. Here's a picture.


In that picture, two kids (they are not mine) are playing around trying to "kick" the virtual balls. It would make an interesting FYP project for Engineering students.

Then I went to Plaza Singapura and saw this.



These are exhibits for "Science In The Mall". It's basically about insects and stuff which I am not really interested in. However, I saw this.


The poor butterfly was having an acupuncture session and died suddenly. Apparently, it had an overdose (or overkill) of needles. Hence it ended up as a display in the exhibit.

Here's a set of colourful butterflies which does not have any needles.


After looking around at the exhibits, I got hungry and ate this.


Tempting huh? Mango flavour somemore leh and I paid only $3.50 because got special student price. Mwahaha.

That wasn't enough. I went on and ate this.


Tako Pachi! The card on top allows you to collect stamps as you buy from them. When you have 10 stamps, you get a free packet! The $1 coin was there as the auntie short-changed me by $1. When I asked her then she remembered. Anyway, here's how it looks like inside the yellow styrofoam box.


Nice huh? Too bad, I ate all of them liao.

Next I went and shopped around. I saw this



Cute animals waiting for someone to adopt them. I wonder whether anyone will buy them.

While touring Orchard Road, I met some interesting people. I met two sisters posing on the road. Guess what their names were? Prada.


The next person was a lady staring at the Marriott logo with a handphone. What's the handphone for? Maybe to text someone that she finally found where Marriott was. Here's the picture.


Next was a lady who was busy for almost anything. Here's how she look like with her name.


Don't disturb her...she's bysi.

Finally I met a lady by the name of Elle Active.


Interesting name and surname.

There's one thing I don't understand. Why have an advertisement on the Razr phone with a lady beside the phone? How is the lady even linked to the phone? If you remove the lady from the picture, the advertisement still makes sense, but if you remove the phone from the advertisement, it won't make any sense. So from here we can see that the lady is not necessary. Why not have a man to hold the phone?

The same for the two sisters by the name of Prada. Prada refers to the bag. Why have an extra to hold it? Why not ask Barney the purple dinosaur to hold the bag? Okay for the Bysi advertisement that I understand. It's a women clothes store so they have a woman to wear one of their clothes...fine...logical. You can't ask a man or anyone else to wear as they are clothes for woman. The same for Elle Active. Okay maybe I asked too many questions but these are the thoughts that came to my mind.

Then as I went back home, I took a bus. I sat on my seat and saw something interesting.


Did you notice something? No? Look at the level of the seat. The seat is slanted towards the left. The one sitting on the left is a lady (see the ponytail?) and the one on the right is a man. So you have a lady and a man sitting on a seat that is slanted downwards towards where the lady is sitting. What conclusion can you draw? Yes! The lady is so heavy that the seat slanted towards her! But is it true? Or maybe the seat was originally like that. Hm...I can't possibly ask the lady to stand up and see if the seat bounce back. So I waited for her to alight.

Finally she alighted and my guess was true.


The seat is still slanted to the left. So the seat was originally slanted! (Or maybe the lady left with the seat permanently damaged).

What would happen if the man left. Do you expect anything to happen?

Here's the answer.


Nothing happened. The seat is still slanted.

THE END

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home