1. People like me won't be able to see clearly.
2. There will be less soldiers...with a deficient eyesight, they will be severely handicapped.
3. Television might be modified such that people with myopia will be able to see them.
4. People would not be able to recognise each other from afar.
5. Archery will no longer be a sport.
6. There will be less snipers in the world.
7. People going for corrective eye surgery would increase. (This would solve problems 1 to 6)
The thought of putting a lens in front of your eye lens seems interesting. It is like putting another "eye" in front of your eyes. Maybe this is how the term "four-eyes" originated.
After the emergence of the specs...there came "contact lenses". It is really much more convenient to have contact lens rather than specs as they are much more comfortable. Some people are allergic to contact lens and hence have no choice but to stick to specs. But with the emergence of the contact lens, more and more people are opting for it.
After the contact lens, came corrective eye surgery...there are risks involved as it has not been perfected yet. Not only is the process expensive, it also involves a lot of risk. It is a one-try only procedure. It involves modified (or changing) the shape of the cornea such that when light diffracts through it, it is focused unto the fovea located on the retina.
Who knows? In the future Mankind might invent something or come up with new procedures to correct such eye conditions. They might even have a re-sizable lens located on the cornea or a mini-lens embedded in the cornea. You never know.