Steph's Friend

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ads No More?

I have been thinking about this for the past few months - ads.

Some bloggers see it as a nuisance while others see it as a source of income. I must say that my blog would be much better without ads in terms of loading speed and overall outlook. However, I was hoping that by having these ads, maybe I could have some form of income. Sadly, the rate at which I earn through these ads is actually quite miserable. Let me try an analogy. It's like trying to complete a 100m distance with one step a day. Of course if you happen to be Gulliver in Lilliput, then things will be different.

What do you think? Should I just remain with those ads or remove them? Helpful inputs are greatly appreciated :)


Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, drop the ads -at least until they are paying you a decent amount. I'd rather give away my work for free than be paid a few cents for it and have a bad user experience.

9:18 AM, November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like your template. where can i dl this template please :)

Flowers in the Attic

12:21 PM, November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get rid of them. They get in the way, detract from your blog and don't earn you a thing. Focus on what you do well, and don't believe anyone who claims they make $1,000s from them.

Just my opinion :)

7:02 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Sorry to disappoint you Emokid, but the template was made by me. It was not downloaded. It's just some Photoshop and CSS tinkering to produce it. If you want, you can email me and I will try to help you :)

Glad that you liked it :)

7:33 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks Psychobabble, Jeremy and Greywulf for the helpful comments.
I guess I will be removing them. Hopefully this improves the overall visitor's experience :)

7:35 PM, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home