Steph's Friend

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Medan Trip - The Food

First of all I would write about the food there. Not all the food that I've eaten were captured into photos as I have a limited space in my memory stick. Well, the first food that I ate on my trip was...


So what's inside?


Well, it looks like some "popiah"...haha.

In Medan, they have Papa Ron's Pizza. It's something like Pizza Hut and Californian Pizza. But they have something interesting. They have an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet for just 12,000 Rp! That's just about...$2.00! Wow...it sounded attractive so I decided to try it out with my friends.


For that trip with my friends, I ate the most with a record of 8 slices (the most in the group). I ate another time with my Grandmother and broke my previous record with 10 slices! Lol...no wonder they don't have such things in Singapore...we'll eat the whole shop up...haha.

I also ate "chee chong fun" and "ak bihun" (Duck Bihun) there. The "ak bihun" is from this shop called "Bihun Bebek AMIN". It simply means "AMIN's Duck Bihun". Both the "chee chong fun" and "bihun" used are different from the ones in Singapore. The texture and tastes are different. I would say that it's unique. Both of them tasted way better than their Singapore counterparts...lol...




Then there's the "mee soto". It can only be found in Indonesia. It has a lot of coconut milk and can be spicy if you want. This "mee soto" was cooked by my cousin's auntie there. He said that when coming to Medan, I must try her "mee soto" as it was the best. So I tried and I must say that it tasted great.




At times, my uncle would bring the family to eat at restaurants as it's only in December do family members go to Medan to be with my Grandmother.


Well, that's roughly about it. There's also the "mee pansit" (wanton mee) and "nasi tim" (steamed rice) just to name a few. But I didn't manage to take their photos. Well the last food item that I had was...


Chicken puff and banana muffin with nuts.

Articles:
Medan Trip - Interesting Things
Medan Trip - Medan
Medan Trip - Family And Friends

Tags: , ,

Technorati   Digg!   Del.icio.us   Reddit   Furl   Google   Yahoo

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Fong said...

YUM!

10:21 AM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Haha...glad that you appreciate the food there :D

12:06 PM, December 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really shock when I read only $2 for pizza buffet.. simply very cheap.. I really wanna eat there... T3T

1:35 PM, April 18, 2009  
Blogger pak muliadi said...

KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.

KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.


KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.


4:51 AM, January 12, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home